Friday 4 March 2011

Blood donation

I started donating blood about 2 years ago when I turned 17 (minimum age) because my mum told me to, now I continue to do so because I feel the amount of effort it takes me to sit in a room for an hour once every 4 months is pretty much worth it to potentially save a life. Plus you get free snacks after your donation.

Another thing that excited me with blood donation is that after certain amounts of donation your donor level goes up and you get different benefits, by benefits obviously I mean your blood doning card changes colour.

From two days ago I'm on:






Which means I've donated 5 times, massive level up from the amateur, aesthetically unpleasing, 0-5 donation red card:







Disgusting...

Obviously I have a long way to go, well 29 years and 3 months to be exact before I reach...

DIAMOND







I know what you're thinking, it's purple. Still worth it. In about 30 years and 83 pints of blood's time I will have finally achieved winning status and will be able to rest happily knowing I have leveled up to the max.

For all the in between cards and "rewards" see:
http://www.blood.co.uk/giving-blood/donor-award-scheme/whole-blood-donor/

7 comments:

  1. Hahahah when I gave blood for the frist time at a school drive, I threw up. Twiceee D;
    Well its kinda my fault, I lied about my weight because I really wanted to give blood.
    Oh well, no regrets xD
    Free snacks <3
    Also that is awesome that they have "diamond" cards! I dont the the U.S. has anything like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to give blood. Thc for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only had the chance to donate blood once, but when given i'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I donated blood not too long ago, as did my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i donate blood too. you get 15Euro (bout 20$) every 2 weeks. its okay

    ReplyDelete
  6. never donated blood, brrr.
    i'm following

    ReplyDelete